Whether its the holiday season or you have a drummer friend with a birthday coming up, finding a gift can be difficult, especially if you’re not a drummer.
Drummers are some of the toughest to please, so picking out a gift that they will actually enjoy can be a tough task.
The good news is that there are plenty of awesome gifts to give that the drummer in your life will love.
If you decide to go all in with a big gift for your favorite drummer, check out our resources on buying an acoustic drum set or an electronic drum set. (I’d be beyond ecstatic if a friend or loved one got me a new kit)
Gifts for drummers under $25
This section is perfect for your close drummer friends or acquaintances. The choices we’ve made in this section are both affordable and useful.
Big Fat Snare Drum
- The Original Big Fat Snare Drum 14"
- The Big Fat Snare Drum was engineered to effortlessly...
- Unlike gels and tape, the Big Fat Snare Drum lowers the...
- Simply place this skin on top of your existing snare head,...
- Equipped with a thumb cut out for quick removal, a...
There’s one thing that all drummers want and love: great sounding drums. And that’s exactly what they will get when using the Big Fat Snare Drum.
Essentially, it is a large plastic dampening ring that covers the snare drum head, giving any snare drum a fat and punchy tone.
If you know that your drummer friend plays alternative or indie music, they will love getting this gift from you.
For size, you may have to get creative and pry when asking how big the snare drum they use is, but the majority of snare drums are 14″ in diameter.
- MEDIUM TO HEAVY: Snare Drum Dampening- 4 Different...
- FLEXIBLE BY DESIGN: Snareweight "Starter" M80. Expressive...
- PATENTED: clip for permanent grip to ALL SIZE metal hoops...
- MADE IN USA: Genuine USA Leather. (about 8" across)
- MAGNETIC: flexibility. Nothing "sticks" to your head- keep...
Similar to the Big Fat Snare Drum we just looked at, the Snareweight M80 provides a similar solution, though this dampener isn’t as intense.
The Snareweight M80 just dampens the drum a little bit, eliminating nasty overtones that many snare drums are prone to.
I personally find that the M80 is more useful than the Big Fat Snare Drum, just because it doesn’t totally change the tone of the drum.
If I have my snare drum sounding great and just need to dampen it a little, the M80 is a good go to.
Alternative Idea: Moongel is always a huge hit with drummers, and it’s very affordable!
Promark S22 Sizzler
- Substitute for drilling permanent holes in a cymbal
- Fits all cymbals 22" or smaller
- Rests above the cymbal bell just like a standard felt washer
- Easy to install/remove at a moments notice
- Smaller metal beads produce a class jazz "sizzle"
Drummers are all about experimentation with their sounds. Sizzle cymbals are very popular and they sound so unique and cool.
But what if your favorite drummer doesn’t have a sizzle cymbal? They’re expensive! That’s where the S22 comes in.
Vic Firth Stick Caddy
- The Vic Firth Stick Caddy provides easy access to your...
- The stick caddy clamps to any stand or hardware
- The Vic Firth Stick Caddy clamps to any stand or hardware to...
One of the most terrifying things that can happen to a drummer in a live setting is dropping a stick mid-song and fumbling around trying to grab it off the floor.
That’s what makes the Vic Firth Stick Caddy such an attractive gift for all drummers.
Having access to extra sticks is essential to all drummers. Whether a drummer breaks a stick or drops one, a stick caddy is a great gift and the drummer in your life will love it.
It’s not a glamorous gift, but one that will absolutely be utilized in every drummers’ setup.
Clamp-On Mic Stand Cup Holder
- Inside Cup Diameter Adjustment: 3 to 3.25 inches
- Attachment Pieces: Fits tubing diameters .375 to 1 inch
- Materials: Neoprene
Playing drums is not only tiring, it’s a workout, especially when playing on a warm stage. Lighting rigs can output a lot of heat, so can lots of people in a small club.
Staying hydrated is extremely important during a live show and chances are, your drummer friend could use a spot for their water on stage.
If you’re dehydrated while playing it can lead to leg cramping, headaches, or even passing out in a worst-case scenario.
It’s not the most exciting gift of all time, but it will alleviate the annoyance of bending down to the stage to grab a drink of water.
The cup holder from On Stage easily clamps to any drum hardware or microphone stand.
Zildjian Drummer’s Towel
- Use to muffle a drum or wipe your brow
- Features hook to hang during play
- 16" by 26" size
- Gray color with black Zildjian logo
As a drummer, going on stage without a towel is gigantic mistake. Unless you’re playing light jazz in a wine bar, chances are your drummer friend will be working up a big sweat playing on stage.
Drumming can be an intense activity. The Zildjian drummer’s towel is a great gift for any drummer, especially if they use Zildjian cymbals.
Street Beat Drumsticks
- Safe to use with iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, iPod and Android...
- Use Streetbeat Drumsticks instead of your fingers with any...
- Features a hard plastic inner core surrounded by a highly...
- Two sets of custom "extra sensitive" removable tips for...
- Great for drum practice, playing live gigs or making drum...
While not the most practical gift out there, Street Beat drumsticks are perfect for young drummers who love their apps.
They are specially made to not wreck the screens with the special removable rubber tips.
Apps like Garage Band, Drum Pad, Drums Deluxe and more can now be played with sticks.
Myself personally, I don’t think I would use these, but they are a pretty cool gift.
ROSS Percussion Drummer’s Survival Kit
- Great to have on hand for gigs and rehearsals
- Includes: 4 cymbal sleeves, 2 cymbal sleeves with base, 2-...
- 2-8mm wing nuts, 6 cymbal felts, 2 hi hat clutch felts, 1 hi...
- 100% money back guarantee
I need this gift like yesterday! In all seriousness, drummers need backup parts.
There’s nothing worse than being at a gig and having an emergency with a piece of gear. Begging to another drummer to give you a replacement part is no fun.
The ROSS Percussion Drummer Survival Kit has all the essentials for any situation. Whether it’s missing cymbal felts, broken cymbal stand plastic sleeves, a broken snare strainer string, this kit’s got your favorite drummer covered.
- Includes 2 drumstick pencils per pack
- HB pencil
- Double up as a pair of drumsticks
- Made from sustainable wood
- Also available in a pen design!
This one is a fun little gift for any drummer: pencils shaped like drum sticks.
Young students will love showing off their unique pencils in class at school, though they may get taken away if they decide to play drums at their desk too much.
They are in fact No. 2 pencils, so your drummer student should be able to take all their tests with these.
Da Vinci Drummer’s Tee
- We stand behind all of our products. If you have any issues...
- We have something for everyone. Check out our entire...
- Preshrunk 4.2 oz ring-spun Guerrilla Tees brand shirts
- Solid colors are 100% cotton, heather tees are a 50/50...
- Unsure of sizing? Our shirts are a fashion fit cut so we...
There’s a lot of T-shirts targeted at drummers available, but most of them aren’t very cool.
I found out of all the shirts available online, the Da Vinci drummer’s tee has to be one of the coolest designs available.
Your favorite drummer will be able to showcase their sense of intellect as well as their passion for drumming and music.
Zildjian 10″ K Con Cutting Board
- 10" diameter
- 100% real bamboo
- Engraved K Constantinople logo
- Juice groove around perimeter of board
- Eco-friendly packaging
This gift is for drummers who love to cook. It’s a Zildjian brand cutting board.
Zildjian is one of the largest cymbal companies on the market makes this gift resonate with almost every drummer.
I can tell you from experience that vendor-branded merchandise is a great gift. I love all the vendor merch I’ve gotten as gifts over the years.
Gifts for drummers under $50
So the drummer in your life is a little more special, eh? Maybe a best friend or close pal? Here’s all the best gifts we could find under $50.
Eargasm High Fidelity Earplugs
- PROTECT YOUR HEARING from harmful noise levels at loud...
- PRESERVES SOUND QUALITY with our patent pending innovative...
- GET THE PERFECT FIT with two pairs of different sized...
- HYPOALLERGENIC SOFT SILICONE is non-toxic and comfortable...
- ERGONOMIC ALUMINUM CASE is over 35% shorter than competing...
This gift is for music lovers in general, not just drummers. They are in earplugs, that are great at noise canceling.
Perfect for concert goers, gigging musicians, and also every drummer. Ear health is often overlooked.
Gifts for drummers under $200
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio...
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth...
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range,...
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent...
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring, and...
This product is the perfect gift for drummers, DJs, and music lovers. They are an amazing pair of headphones.
I can tell you from personal experience that no other headphones I’ve ever owned have gotten as much use as the M50x.
While not exactly “noise-canceling,” as a drummer I don’t exactly use these to practice with, but I absolutely love these headphones for listening to music.
Ultimate Ears Boom 2 Phantom Wireless Mobile Bluetooth Speaker
- Insanely good, loud 360 degree sound with deep bass
- Portable design so you can bring the music anywhere
- Waterproof*, shockproof, designed for adventure (* IPX-7...
- PartyUp from Ultimate Ears allows you to wirelessly connect...
- 15-hour battery life and 100 ft. Bluetooth wireless range...
Perfect for that special someone in your life, or just anyone to be honest. A
I also have one of these speakers, and I love it! I take it everywhere as it’s waterproof and shockproof.
If you are shopping for a drum lover, I would recommend this speaker. It’s extremely durable and will last for a long while. I use mine at the beach all the time, it’s super loud.
Pelican U100 Elite Backpack With Laptop Storage
- Built-in watertight & crushproof case
- Fits 15" laptops and up to 17" Apple
- IP67 Tested - 3 ft. underwater/30 minutes
- Easy open push button latch
- Pressure EQ valve prevents vacuum lock
This gift is a great option for music lovers, and people working as drummers. It’s a very durable backpack, road tested by traveling musicians.
It is known for its’ extreme durability. It holds up to a 17-inch laptop, with padding! Almost no laptops are more than 17 inches, making this available to hold any laptop.
This gift is perfect for anyone who works with technological equipment.
Most drummers these days have a mixture of equipment, traveling it tough. With this backpack, you make that easier, by putting everything in one location, right on their back.
Remember that gift giving is more about the thought. Don’t stress too much, have fun with it! And if in doubt, get a gift card to your local music shop.
Featured image credited to Allan Wan via Flickr.com
Hey there fellow drummer, thanks for reading the post. I’ve got a private Facebook group called Drum Junkies. It’s made up of people just like you and me who are sharing pictures of their drum kits, talking about industry trends, and sharing tips about drumming. I’d love for you to join! Here’s a link to the group; we’ll see you on the inside.
Join the newsletter!
We'll send over our Drummer's Live Show Preparation Checklist for FREE!